God bless the USA!

I freaking love my country! Sure she's got her problems, but there is way too much good going on to not love it here.* 

I love that for the past 300+ years, people have been flooding here from other countries seeking freedom and to start a new life. 

I love that my ancestors came from Denmark, Ireland, Norway and England to a place where they could find more success and happiness than in their homelands.* 

I love that my ancestors trekked clear across this huge country to start a new life for the families. 

I love that some 360,000+ Americans gave their lives to end slavery and to keep this great nation together. During the Civil War, the North alone had more Americans lives lost fighting for their country and to end slavery than died in the - Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican War, Spanish-American War, World War I, Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf war, and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 9/11 attacks COMBINED! Of course I don't love that their lives were lost, but there is something special when so many people gave the ultimate sacrifice for such a great cause!

I love that only a small number of our country's wars were on our soil and the majority were fighting to free the oppressed in other countries. Every Single War of ours during the 1900s was to free people in other countries. This doesn't include the removal of a myriad of tyrants who use genocide, murder, rape and theft, giving their country back to the people.

I love that in the book the Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley it talks about those who become millionaires in America. Can you guess what segment of the population is most likely to become a millionaire? Is it white? Black? Female? Male? Children of wealthy? Crazy athletic abilities? Super intelligence? NOPE. It is IMMIGRANTS!! An Immigrant coming to this country has a better chance of becoming a millionaire than all the rest of us! 

I freaking love that when I was working 70 hour work weeks and talking to the custodian cleaning the building and find out that he makes around twice as much as I do!!! He moved here from Mexico and found work as a custodian. The company went bankrupt so he went out on his own. Now he has a few businesses doing cleaning and custodial work. He has a nice home here in Utah and a resort home in a gated community in Mexico that he rents out. Yup, me and my MBA are not making close to what my Mexican friend is making without anytime in a University. He says his secret is to do the stuff that no one else wants to do. No one wants to empty a garbage, clean bathrooms or clear out rain gutters, but he will. For a price. :-)

I love that so much good comes from the country. I love seeing that we contribute billions of dollars in aid to other countries. I'm not just talking about our country, but countless charitable organizations across the country that devote themselves to lifting others. It is amazing. 

I love that the CEO for the company that I work with, TIAA (previously TIAA-Cref) grew up in a segregated school! From a freaking segregated school to Harvard Law to the CEO of a huge financial company making more money than everyone reading this combined! I. Love. It.

I love that hundreds of thousands stream into our country legally (even illegally) looking for a better life! Currently, over 20 million of the citizens of our country were born in other countries! Yup, 20,000,000. Yes, about equal to the populations of New York or Florida were born in OTHER countries. Around 700,000-750,000 immigrants become naturalized citizens in our country every. single freaking. year! 

I love that I have a neighbor who came from Kenya and goes back every few weeks to help the people there. I love that a large group of youth are raising money to help him build wells there! I love that so many here are making a great living for themselves and supporting family back home in the country they came from.

I love that I live in a country where my son asks on social media for clothes for a charity, that he receives over 1,000 pounds of clothes! I love that the hand-me down store by my house, gives 80% of their goods to other countries.

I love speaking with people in different countries around the world, whose dream it is to come to America and find huge success. According to the Millionaire Next Door, they are the ones most likely to find it!

I love helping people with their finances, especially the women, minorities and immigrants who are making astounding amounts of money in their careers. I loved seeing the woman move here from India in the 1960s, to become a big shot doctor and make TONS of money. I love seeing women banking 6-7 figure incomes for their amazing contributions!

I love living in a country where nearly 700k people became millionaires for the first time last year! This brings the total number of millionaires up to nearly 20 million in just the US! (if you want to see how big 20 million is, see my reference up 2 paragraphs). There has never been a better time or better place in the history of the world, to achieve success than the here and now.

I love the 40+ states that I have had the pleasure of visiting. I freaking love and amazed by the beauty in Alaska, Hawaii and Montana. I love Seattle, San Diego, Boston, New York, Washington DC, Chicago, definitely Philadelphia and obviously Salt Lake City! Have you been to Florida? OMG! How about Texas? That place is freaking amazing! New England? The South? Las Vegas? Did I mention Utah?

I love talking to the people in these places and hearing their stories! I love hearing about the countries that so many immigrants came from and how grateful they are to be here. I love hearing how they are savings up to bring their families here. 

I love talking to the Christians, atheists, gays, straights, hippies, wealthy, homeless, struggling, succeeding, cowboys, businessmen, fishermen, citizens, foreigners, hipsters and every other person calling this great place home!

I love America and I believe the only true threat to our country is from the inside. Organizations trying to tear the country apart through hate and greed seem to be the only real weapon against her.

I love that we live in the greatest country in the world and in the best time to be alive. 

I love history and have busted through over 250 books on history in the last decade. To read about how our country has changed from the 1,600s through the 1,700s, into the 1800s and the 1900s through today. It is freaking fascinating to see how far we have come. Looking at the past, gives us great hope for the future! 

I love America, but do we have our issues? Of course! I wish so much that we didn't have the poor, trials, crime, sickness and bigotry that we do. I wish that hate-mongering news didn't have power in our society.  

I love our nation and believe we could rise up and fix most of our issues on our own, if we would just turn the cable news off and go talk to people! Go talk to strangers. Go learn. Go grow. Go see. Go feel. It is an amazing places we live in! A freaking amazing place!


*PC notice - I love my country and just because I love my country, doesn't mean that I hate whatever group cable news is telling you that I hate now. I love my car which doesn't mean I hate all other cars and forms of transportation. I love my family which definitely doesn't mean I hate all other people. Oh yes, I love me some bacon but that doesn't mean I hate all food. I love my country and I love lots of other countries. Everyone should love their homelands! God did bless the US of A but so many countries around the world are amazing too. Have you been to New Caledonia? Everywhere you look is like a post card and every person you see is a supermodel. No joke. Its amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Republican party left me

Keep Calm and Carry On

How to Read 100 Books a Year